National Will Safe Limited Terms & Conditions
National Will Safe Ltd of PO Box 418, Sale M33 3ZJ.
Company Registration Number 5146262.
VAT Registration Number 849 2100 34
“Client” – a person who has chosen to place documents with the Company for storage
“Safe Guardian” – a party authorised by the Company to collect and deal with documents and to operate the document storage system, the details of which have been explained to the Client by the Safe Guardian
“Documents” -papers being stored by the Company
2. The Company’s Obligations
In consideration of the Client paying the agreed annual fee the Company has a legal duty to:
- Keep the Documents in safe storage.
- Use reasonable endeavours to protect and preserve the Documents whilst in safe storage.
- Maintain insurance to cover of at least £2million to cover loss or damage to the documents whilst in storage. The insurance is with Beazley at Lloyds and is arranged by Johnston Park McAndrew of Trinity Point, New Road, Halesowen B63 3HY.
- Make and keep copies of the Documents to assist in their restoration if required.
- Return the Documents in accordance with section 4.
The Company reserves the right to increase the fees for storage at any time during the period of storage, however a minimum of 30 days written notice of any such increase will be given to the client at his last address.
The Company will register the location of the Clients documents on the National Wills Register at no cost to the Client.
Payment of the fee is in return for storage of the Documents and not for any other service provided by either the Company or the Safe Guardian.
3. The Client’s Obligations
It is the responsibility of the Client to inform the Company of any change of address or any change in banking details.
The Client agrees to pay the storage fee on the agreed date. In the event of payment not being made on the due date, the Company reserves the right to return the Documents to the last known address of the Client, whereupon all liabilities of the Company shall cease.
4. Return of Documents
The Client may request the return of their Documents at any time either;
- by making a written request to the Safe Guardian in which case the Documents will be returned to the Safe Guardian. It will be the responsibility of the Safe Guardian to return the Documents to the Client or;
- by making a written request to the Company, in which case the Documents will be returned to the Client.
The Documents will only be returned to someone other than the Client in the following in the following circumstances;
- An Enduring, Lasting or Continuing Power of Attorney will be returned to the Safe Guardian or to one of the Attorneys on receipt of a written request signed by one of the Attorneys (in the case of a joint and several appointment) or signed by all of the Attorneys (in the case of a joint appointment). If the written request states that the Power of Attorney is to be returned to the Safe Guardian then it will be the responsibility of the Safe Guardian to return the document to the attorney(s).
- A Will will be returned to the Safe Guardian or to one of the Personal Representatives on receipt of a written request signed by all of the Personal Representatives accompanied by an original death certificate. If the written request states that the Will is to be returned to the Safe Guardian then it will be the responsibility of the Safe Guardian to return the document to the Personal Representatives.
Documents will be despatched the next working day following receipt of the request by the Company. The Documents will be despatched by Royal Mail Special Delivery (or an alternative delivery service chosen by the Company).
Delivery requests to addresses within the United Kingdom will not incur a charge provided that all fees due to the Company have been paid. Delivery requests to addresses outside of the United Kingdom will incur a fee equal to the cost of the actual delivery.
5. Right to cancel
The Client has the right to cancel this agreement within 14 days without giving any reason. The cancellation period will expire after 14 days. To meet the deadline it is sufficient for the Client to send the notice to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
To exercise the right to cancel the Client must inform the Company of their decision to cancel this agreement by a clear statement sent by post or email.
If the Client cancels within 14 days, the Company will reimburse all fees paid to it by the Client without delay, using the same method as payment was made to it.
Any complaints should be addressed to the Office Manager of the Company, by email or post at the address given in section 1.